Introduction: This Environmental Education Centre consist of 80 hectares of veld, hillside and valley to explore for ecology, nature awareness, geography, leadership/teambuilding , obstacle course, sport camps. Grade 1 – 12 Holiday camps for 7 – 15 year olds. Rustic bungalow accommodation on bunk beds for 120 children. 2 communal ablution blocks. Ensuite accommodation for 6 adults. Parklike gardens.
Country: South Africa
Sub region / Local Area / Nearest Centre: Magaliesburg, Mogale municipality
Travel Time from main centre: 80 – 90kms from Johannesburg
Please note, Map markers only indicate general area, not the exact address of venues.
Group / event types: School, Church, Private, Wedding, Sport or Cubs, scouts,
Grading: Rustic / Basic / Simple & comments: Rustic / Basic / Simple
Exclusive use: YES = Only one group on site at a time
Accommodation Types: Dormitories
NB! GROUP SIZE CAPACITY: Total No. of Beds: 120 (60 double bunk beds for 120 children, it’s easier to accommodate 100 due to breakdown of boys and girls.
No. Beds / accommodation type:
- Small thatch roofed bungalowS / rondavels with varying number of bunk beds from the smallest 4 bunk beds to largest 10 bunk beds.
- AccommodatIon for accompanying adults within 60 meters of all bungalows.
- One fully equiped self-catering wooden cottage, accommodating 4 people on 3/4 bed sized beds.
Catering: Self cater, Part catered, Fully Catered
Special Diets: Teachers organisers must give advise any special dietary requirements to venue giving ample notice prior to arrival at camp.
Average Pricing per person per night:
From R300.00 incl meals and assistance with the running of the programme for primary school children. Exact pricing subject to be discussion & quote.
R175.00 – self-catered & own programme
R300.00 – 6 catered meals and assistance with programme, for primary school children.
R320.00 – 6 catered meals and assistance with programme, for high school students.
R1900.00 for 7 night holiday camp
R400.00 per person per night for Self-catering Cottage
- 2x small fenced swimming pools,
- full sized unmarked rugby field.
- Obstacle course in Eucalyptus forest.
Ablutions: 2x communal ablution blocks with hot and cold showers and flush toilets
- Dining hall can accommodate 100 comfortably on chairs, can increase to 120 using benches.
- Hall doubles as a lecture hall or conference area.
Comfortable lapa at the hall to accommodate teachers.
- Large kitchen and hall under one roof
Environment: Natural environment includes hills, varied Highveld &
- Bushveld vegetation / bird life and a permanent stream in the valley. Guided nature walks.In the area:
- Maropeng / Sterkfontein, 30 kms
- Cableway Hartebeespoort, 60kms
- Tree canopy ride – Sparkling Waters -northern side of Magaliesberg +- 85kms
- Pilanesberg Game reserve 90 minutes drive away
- Tshwane crater near Hammanskraal +- 100kms
Programmes: Educational talk on varied topics, ie, Birds, grasses, Animal signs, Ecology soil and erosion 5 senses. Evening night walk looking st the stars. Campfire in designated area in the forest
- Full size rugby field
- Dining hall can be used as games room in rainy weather
- Muddy but fun Obstacle course
Requirements / Kit list: Cutlery, crockery provided, only bed linen supplied for accompanying staff. Learners / youth are required to bring their own
sleeping/duvet and pillows.
Malaria risk: NoneImmunisations required: N/a
Weather & Dress: Weather similar to Pretoria/Rustenburg. Can be very hot in summer’. Bring outdoor shorts, T shirts, tackies, typical camp clothing. Uniforms not required.