Province: Northern Cape
Travel time: 8 Hour drive by bus from central Gauteng & 12 hrs from Cape Town. Ideal on route stop over between Gauteng & Cape.
Please note, Map markers only indicate general area, not the exact address of venues.
Group / Event Types: Youth / School / Church / Private family / Corporate conference / sporting teams or any other groups looking for first class hostel accommodation at a budget price.
NB! GROUP SIZE CAPACITY: Total No. of Beds: 200 (160 comfortable or 200 beds with a squeeze)
Accommodation: Dormitories, doubles, en-suite, self-catering units.
– Family rooms sleeps 4 sharing facilities
– En-suite units x 8
– Backpackers hostel rooms see pictures below
* Dorm 1 (Green covers) sleeps 34 with en suite facilities
* Dorm 2 (Red covers) sleeps 34 with en suite and fully equipped self catering kitchen.
* 6 bed Dorms with communial kitchen and bathroom facilities.
Halls: 1st hall seats 80 & 2nd hall seats 250 cinema style
Facilities: Visitors lounge, kitchen for self-catering, a children’s playground with swings, see-saw and jungle gym, sparkling swimming pool, with well appointed braai facilities nearby. Viisitors are invited to explore the many hectares of our estate.
Catering: Can self cater or enjoy our adjoining Old Diggers Restaurant which offers meals and drinks from early to late.
Special Diets: Special diets can be catered for if pre arranged by prior request.
Environment: Country farm atmosphere 6 Km out of town. Our extensive grounds are landscaped with a variety of trees, including giant Blue Gums.
Surrounding area offers: Diamond fields, Big Hole of Kimberley and to visit the Harry Oppenheimer Fountain.
Malaria Risk: None
Activities / Programmes: Historical tours. (Details below)
Requirements: Cutlery, crockery & bedding supplied by venue, bring own pool & bath towels.
What to do in Kimberly & surrounding area:
Kimberley’s diamonds heralded the birth of industrial South Africa.The Kimberley Big Hole is the largest in the world, excavated by pick and shovel. Kimberley retains the atmosphere of the old diamond digging days,with “Diamond Rush”, a collection of old and restored buildings, with cobbled streets, haberdasheries, tobbaconists and pawnbrokers, preserving the nineteenth century way of life. An exhibition centre portrays the story of the diamonds of Kimberley, beginning with a film that introduces key characters and events. A 90 metre long viewing ramp provides an expansive look at the Big Hole. Next is the undergound mining Tour and finally a display of world famous diamonds, some real and some replica. Amongst the real diamonds to be seen, is the famous “616” – the largest uncut
diamond in the world.
* THE BIG HOLE” Tucker Street
* McGREGOR MEMORIAL MUSEUM Chapel Street
* WILLIAM HUMPHREYS ART GALLERY Jan Smuts Boulevard
* SOL PLAATJE MUSEUM Angel St.
* THE TRANSPORT MUSEUM Florence St (Railway Station)
* RHODES’ BOARDROOM Warren Street
* McGREGOR MUSEUM Atlas Street
* DUNLUCE 10 Lodge Road
* RUDD HOUSE 5 Loch Road
* DUGGAN CRONIN GALLERY Egerton Road
* BELGRAVIA & THE GREAT KIMBERLEY NORTH WALK
* KIMBERLEY GHOST TRAIL
* CLYDE TERRY HALL OF MILITARIA Memorial Road (MOTH Centre)
* FG TAIT GOLF MUSEUM Kimberley Golf Club (Transvaal Road)
* MEMORIAL TO THE PIONEERS OF AVIATION General Ken van der Spuy Drive
* WILDEBEEST KUIL ROCK ART CENTRE Barkly West Road (± 15km)
* MAGERSFONTEIN BATTLEFIELD AND MUSEUM Airport Rd to Modder River (±30Km +27
* PAARDEBERG BATTLEFIELD MUSEUM Paardeberg (±50km)
“NB – Note from venue! Please only complete the enquiry form to this venue if you are happy with the price list below and the facilities seen on this page as this venue is only interested in preparing a quote for enquiries seriously interested in CONFIRMING a booking to secure space to stay.”
Estimate price list as at 2017, Please only enquire if you are OK with these.